Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15658 Ignoramus15658 is offline

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

On 2012-02-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus15658 fired this volley in
:

Pete, you will be VERY happy if you come across a Bridgeport Interact
sized machine. But you likely will need to use a servo based control
system.

I can look for one for you and let you know if I come across anything.

Ig, when you upgraded your control, did you re-use the servo drivers in the
Interact, or go to commercial 90V drivers? And power supplies?

Lloyd, I sold the original Bosch drives and went to $30 AMC 30A8 80
volt drives. I lost half the max speed, which is something that I
could not care less about, since high speed is only used for
jogging. I ended up having a 60 IPM jog speed, which is all I need.

Part of the reason was that Bosch drives needed three phase, part was
that I burned one by accident, and part was that I wanted to have
simple replaceable drives.

It was a huge learning experience and very time consuming, but I ended
up with something that I like and I learned a lot.