Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15658 Ignoramus15658 is offline

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

On 2012-02-19, Pete C. wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
Since the machine is over 1000 miles away, it's all rather pointless
for so many of you to keep harping on how I should do things.

You're the one harping on us how we should revive the antique control
and live with it's tremendous limitations rather than upgrade it to a
modern control.

Exactly. Both Pete and I have machines based on modern PC controls, so
we speak out of actual knowledge.

At any rate, in April or so I will be doing another cross country trip
up to the frozen northeast, and before I go I will search around to see
if there is a similarly good deal along the way I can pickup to retrofit
for my shop.

Pete, you will be VERY happy if you come across a Bridgeport Interact
sized machine. But you likely will need to use a servo based control
system.

I can look for one for you and let you know if I come across anything.