Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DHS arrests 1000s of hair dryers at border

On 2/18/2012 7:29 PM, Hugh Jass wrote:
On 2/18/2012 8:15 PM, HeyBub wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Oh, Pvt. Dullard, on what basis were these things confiscated? It
certainly wasn't the NEC. What is the NEC doing with plug-in
appliances, anyway. It's not their bailiwick.

It's useful to note that heat guns do not have GFI protection.

It's also useful to note:

1. Most safety devices are designed to protect the abnormally stupid.

2. Heat guns are used mostly by the adult male.

3. The largest user of hair dryers are teenage girls.

Draw your own conclusions.

Years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to make products as
dangerous as possible. The purpose would be to thin the heard of
of the stupid humans. I wanted to see vehicles made to explode and
burn to a pile of ash that would blow away with the wind except for
a small indestructible tag to identify the destroyed vehicle and its
owner so the records could be updated. No protective safeties on power
equipment for industrial and consumer use so the stupid and inattentive
would be maimed or killed. The only problem for me is when it comes to
children whom I'm very protective of. Stupid people don't need to
reproduce but it's usually the intelligent and curious children who get
hurt. Many parents are inattentive and don't properly supervise their
offspring who in many cases wind up injured or killed and that's tragic
on so many levels. Heck, stupid parents might have a child who might
grow up to be a great scientist, a hero or President.... OH HELL. ^_^

TDD