Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

Ignoramus15653 wrote:

On 2012-02-18, Michael A. Terrell ? wrote:
?
? "Pete C." wrote:
??
?? It's not a function of "giving up", and it is indeed a function of
?? knowing "what can be done". Old CNC controls were good in their day, but
?? a modern PC based control is vastly better in performance and function.
??
?? Old controls had very limited memory that can't keep up with modern CAD
?? generated G-code, had user interfaces that are atrocious by today's
?? standards, and lack the modern featured for quick at-the-control
?? programming of simple jobs. They also usually can't handle a 4th axis,
?? rigid tapping, or many other features of modern PC based controls.
??
?? If the old iron is good, it deserves a new productive life with a better
?? control.
?
?
? My uses wouldn't need extra memory since it would be used for my
? projects, not production.
?
?

That's a strange statement.

What's strange is that you feel that everyone has to do things your
way. I see things as repairable items, you see things as scrap value.