Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On 2/17/2012 2:16 PM, jk wrote:

That's one possibility. Here's another. You are not able to understand
the reasoning and the principles upon which the decisions are made as to
how money is taxed and distributed throughout society. Instead of really
knowing the why behind what is done you take the easy way out and
blindly follow people who mistakenly feel they have been taken advantage
of. If you were actually well informed and knowledgeable then you would
see why things are done the way they are, and that they are indeed fair.

OK, take that SAME logic and apply it to your earlier argument that
the fact that some people live below (an arbitrarily defined) poverty
line, and some live above it, is unfair.

Number one, the way the government defines poverty is not arbitrarily
defined. A specific process is used to determine exactly what
constitutes "poverty" so it's not arbitrary.

Number two is the context in how you use the word unfair. Fair means
equal. If you mean that half of the people have less than the other half
then by definition that is not fair. If you are using fair in a moral or
legal way then it can mean something completely different. So it all
depends on how you are using the word fair. There is a lot of leeway in
the word fair. So it all depends on which context you use it in.

If you were actually well informed and knowledgeable then you would
see why things are done the way they are, and that they are indeed
fair. And you would also understand (as pointed out before) that 1/2 =
1/2 no matter how much you call it unfair.

It depends on how I am using the word fair. In a moral sense is it fair
that 1/2 are rich and 1/2 are poor? That would be no.

Those who want to take your valuables and in return give you nothing are
thieves. Okay, we've both made pretty much true statements about those
who take without giving back. So what does that have to do with
anything?

It has to do with everything., but you will never see it.

Since you aren't able to even state why it has anything to do with
anything else then I must conclude that it's something you can't see
either. Or is it you just can speak it?

If you are implying that the lower classes in America are
guilty of what you said then you see the poor as thieves.

I don't agree that we have a "lower" class, apparently you do. How
superior of you. I do see that we have a ruling class however.

So according to you we do have a ruling class but we don't have a lower
class. How about a middle class? Do we have one of those? How about the
working class? do we have one of those? I'm sorry to break you the news
but America is a class society and always has been. Even you admit to
some classes so there you go, the only difference is you see less
classes than others do. Others who know more about it than you.

The problem
with that is you assume that is a fact but you have no evidence to
support your assumption.

The problem is not only that you assume, but you maintain the
assumption even in the face of contrary evidence.

Your problem is that you are not presenting any evidence that anything
I've said is demonstrably wrong or is incorrect. Show me some proof I am
wrong. Your opinions are proof of nothing.

If you knew more about the reality of our
economy, our government, and how they work you would not simply recite
the words you hear from other people who are also misinformed.

You know nothing about what I know about any of the above, and yet
assume I know little or nothing. You claim to know much, and
understand more.

It's simple. When I hear you say things that I've just heard Rush
Limbaugh say on his show that morning it's pretty easy to conclude where
you got it from. I listen to what people on the right say all the time.
I'm a political junky. So when you say the same things what am I
supposed to think? You saying the same exact things are just
coincidental? Come off it. You think what you are saying is original?
I've heard it before.

You seem to have the classic "mind like a steel trap".
Slams shut at the slightest touch, hard to get open, destroys what it
does grasp in it's teeth, and everything falls out the sides.

Your mind seems to be one that makes judgments without evidence. Show me
some time where you showed some proof that supported your statements.
I've seen nothing.

Hawke