Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Toll roads and the law

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:52:26 -0000, hugh ] wrote:

In message , polygonum
writes
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:42:36 -0000, wrote:

My partner has a form of disability that could not be identified by
X-rays (vision or machine), MRI, or pretty much anything else. But
they severely impact on her ability to walk across a car park - or
anywhere else, especially outdoors. (Mostly she can just about manage
indoors.) However, whilst I am sure she would be granted one, she has
decided not to ask for a blue badge, partly because she feels so many
others are more deserving than she.

There are plenty of people who grossly misuse blue badges. But there
are plenty in whom the disability for which a blue badge has been
granted is anything but obvious.

New system now being introduced. Badges which have photo and less easily
forged. Over 80s will get automatic renewal if they already have a
badge, those younger will be subject to reassessment.
Over 90s qualify automatically.
There is a 34 page booklet on rules and regulations on use of blue badge
- that's bigger than the instruction manual for a video recorder/mobile
phone/digital TV in seven languages!!

Hadn't heard of the over-90 bit. Which is actually pertinently crazy. My
to-be-90-in-a-few-weeks mother can walk from car to supermarket with far
fewer issues than my partner!

--
Rod