Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Toll roads and the law

In article ,
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:42:36 +0000, H. Neary
wrote:

Disabilities that only become apparent using X ray vision would hardly
limit someones ability to walk a few yards extra now, would they?

Umm.. how about a heart condition or one lung? How about chronic
arthritis? How about, .... etc?

There's no shortage of conditions that could allow the driver to 'have
a good day' when he/she can actually walk fine without displaying the
signs of pain or disablement that you are scanning for in your cursory
examination.
However, I know that some do take the ****; especially those who are
out in the disabled person's car for essential supplies. They're not
supposed to do their own shopping at the same time - or at least, use
disabled spaces when they do.

on the other hand, when I, as a driver for a local charity, take someone to
the local hospital, I am permitted to use one of the Disabled Only spaces at
the hospital while I wait - not that I can ever find one free - so I go down
the road to Tesco.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16