Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Toll roads and the law

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:42:36 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:03:24 -0800 (PST), jgharston
wrote:

H. Neary wrote:
You should see all the diabled people that are miraculously "cured"
when they stop in the disabled car park.

Oo, wonderful, you have temporal x-ray vision and determine
a person's physcal ability by just looking at them from a
distance.

JGH

I have seen the paralympics, and none of the Asda sprinters seem to
bear much resemblance, for a start the Asda sprinters seem to favour
4X4's rather than manually powered traction units favoured by the
paralympians.

The idea of a disabled car park is to provide room for those with
artificial aids or limited mobility to get to and from their vehicles.

I would expect loonies, people with limited hearing or ugly mothers in
law to make do with a 50 yard walk like the rest of us.

Disabilities that only become apparent using X ray vision would hardly
limit someones ability to walk a few yards extra now, would they?

HN

My partner has a form of disability that could not be identified by X-rays
(vision or machine), MRI, or pretty much anything else. But they severely
impact on her ability to walk across a car park - or anywhere else,
especially outdoors. (Mostly she can just about manage indoors.) However,
whilst I am sure she would be granted one, she has decided not to ask for
a blue badge, partly because she feels so many others are more deserving
than she.

There are plenty of people who grossly misuse blue badges. But there are
plenty in whom the disability for which a blue badge has been granted is
anything but obvious.

--
Rod