Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits

On 2/17/2012 11:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:49:49 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

OT but bet it's of interest to many in this group.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strate...-benefits.html

All good points in the article. However, they don't apply to me or
the bride. At 62, I will start getting SS by force -- a "pension
offset".

I'm forced into SS at 62. She had the same thing with her pension.
Both of our pensions have spousal annuities as will SS benefits.

I met the 40 Quarter minimum back in the `70s. That is all I have
contributed. SS will be minimum, but I still have the pension. She
changed pensions mid-stream, giving more to SS. She gets more than I
can expect. If one of us dies we get the spousal pension and the SS
survivor benefits.

As a vet, a few more dollars will be added to my SS benefits.

I love America.

Forced to retire early, I chose not to have the offset as I wanted a
bigger check at 62 as inflation hedge.