Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how are preformed hoses made?

"Winston" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:

I've molded rubber parts from cut-up windshield washer tubing with heat
and
pressure. I put a piece of 60/40 solder on the mold and heated it until
the
solder melted, then squeezed the mold in the vise and let it cool.

That is intriguing!

Your mold was on the outside of the tubing?
How did you avoid kinking?
Multiple stranded wires stuffed in the I.D.?

--Winston the Curious

They were print head hammer pads for a Teletype ASR33, little buttons that
snap over a steel mushroom on the hammer. The ink solvent slowly turns them
to mush.

The mold cavity consisted of a flat-ended cylinder for the OD and striking
face, and a negative of the recess on the piston.

The head slid freely in and out of the cylinder so I could completely
disassemble it to remove the molded pad.

jsw