Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Joining motorways

"H. Neary" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:55:56 GMT, wrote:

On 17 Feb,
Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
"Cash" wrote:

Apologies for the sarcasm, but I thought that it was standard practice
'read the road ahead' so that such situations can be avoided on what
after all is a straight piece of road at that point.

In which case why aren't these joining clowns doing that?It's their
responsibility after all.

We could do with the public information films back on the TV.

I was forced to pull over to lane 2 by someone joining the M1 on Saturday.
The driver who had to move into lane 3 didn't half carve up the new joiner
when he wanted to move out to overtake the lorry I was following.

What is the current system of signaling on roundabouts? From observations
think it must have changed to indicating right to pull off.

1. Join roundabout

2. Signal to leave roundabout

3. Maintain LH signal for the entire journey around the roundabout.
This allows all people hoping to enter the roundabout enough time to
fully appreciate the artistic appeal of your indicators.

I was taught to signal left or right prior to entering a roundabout if you
intended leaving to left or right. No signal on entering if going straight
on. Then signal left as you pass the exit before the one you intend exiting
by. Has this changed?

Maintaining left signal all the way round gives the wrong warning to those
waiting to enter.

Mike