Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:51:28 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:04:10 -0600, Ignoramus23626

On 2012-02-17, George Plimpton wrote:
Your notions about "society" are wrong - 100% wrong. I owe no money or
anything else of economic value to "society" - in fact, I owe nothing to
"society" at all, because "society" is not an entity. What I owe my
fellow citizens - individual persons - is my agreement and
follow-through not to interfere with them in their peaceful conduct of
their lives. That is all I or anyone else owes.

Which one of your individual fellow citizens will provide you with
health insurance when you reach old age?

Please clarify, Mr. Plimpton.

I suspect that a better question would be, "why is medical care so
high priced these days"

The biggest reason is that they can do so much more, so now they must,
or patients will sue their socks off.

, or perhaps "why do my pills cost me more here
then in Canada".

That one is easy. The United States is the only significant country in
the world that does not have price controls on pharmaceuticals. We're
free-marketers, you see....

--
Ed Huntress