Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default discover

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

'67 to '70, while I was in high school.

O.K. I was working by then, in electronics, and did not bother
with Popular Electronics by then. Instead, the industrial mags
available at work were more fun for me -- including the ad for a company
to do assembly work for your company. They pulled the nicest looking
receptionist from the front desk and posed here with a Ungar soldering
iron -- the kind with the screw-in ceramic heating elements. And had
her posed holding it by the ceramic, not the cork grip a little farther
back on the handle. Based on the serenity of her expression, it was
clear that the other end of the iron's cord was *not* plugged in. :-)

That, or she really was a blonde. ;-)

You can buy bags of 100 on Ebay, and I think Mouser still sells them.

Hmm ... 100 of those, and 100 caps and resistors and a diode and
other cap of the right size, and you could have a nice "old computer"
front panel simulator. :-)

Orget creative with thin plexiglass and make your own 'Nixie' style
displays y edgeligting the individual layers. ;-)