Gavin Gillespie

Default Partially Blocked Flue? Please Comment On Pic...

"MR" no-email-address wrote in message

Many thanks for all the posts and suggestions so far. I've been

back in the
loft and taken some more pics that can be found he
http://tinyurl.com/tz1q

Pic 1 = This is the Flue 'hole' in the loft with the metal tubing

that was
used with the flue extension kit.

Pic 2 = Now this is with metal tubing removed with a heavy blob of

what
seems to be cement/putty on the end (this incidentally was loose and

I have
not used ANY force at all to remove the tubing for the photo).

Pic 3 = This shows the flue in relation to the pitched roof.

Pic 4 = This is the fire we have had chosen and had installed.

Now I'm wondering from the posts whether the loose tubing in Pic 2

could be
posing a problem as this is not secured fully (flush/air-tight) to

the hole
in the loft. Should this be in any way loose or am I correct in

thinking it
should be flush/fully sealed to the exit hole?

I have a similar block type flue, and when I was discussing my heating
with a heating engineer, he asked me if the flue was connected to a
flexible pipe, or a dual skin solid pipe, mine is the latter, but he
said that if it had been a flexible pipe, he would have advised me not
to use it until it was replaced with a solid one. I did not ask why,
as it was not relevant in my case, but it seemed important to him.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook