Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default "Why do you have a right to your money?"

Hawke wrote:

Those ("society") who send tax collectors around to collect "taxes"
(your "fair share")
and distribute the cash to those who just sit around rather than
working (adding no value), are unfair.

That's one possibility. Here's another. You are not able to understand
the reasoning and the principles upon which the decisions are made as to
how money is taxed and distributed throughout society. Instead of really
knowing the why behind what is done you take the easy way out and
blindly follow people who mistakenly feel they have been taken advantage
of. If you were actually well informed and knowledgeable then you would
see why things are done the way they are, and that they are indeed fair.

OK, take that SAME logic and apply it to your earlier argument that
the fact that some people live below (an arbitrarily defined) poverty
line, and some live above it, is unfair.

If you were actually well informed and knowledgeable then you would
see why things are done the way they are, and that they are indeed
fair. And you would also understand (as pointed out before) that 1/2 =
1/2 no matter how much you call it unfair.

Those who want to take your valuables and in return give you nothing are
thieves. Okay, we've both made pretty much true statements about those
who take without giving back. So what does that have to do with
anything?

It has to do with everything., but you will never see it.

If you are implying that the lower classes in America are
guilty of what you said then you see the poor as thieves.

I don't agree that we have a "lower" class, apparently you do. How
superior of you. I do see that we have a ruling class however.

The problem
with that is you assume that is a fact but you have no evidence to
support your assumption.

The problem is not only that you assume, but you maintain the
assumption even in the face of contrary evidence.

If you knew more about the reality of our
economy, our government, and how they work you would not simply recite
the words you hear from other people who are also misinformed.

You know nothing about what I know about any of the above, and yet
assume I know little or nothing. You claim to know much, and
understand more.

You seem to have the classic "mind like a steel trap".
Slams shut at the slightest touch, hard to get open, destroys what it
does grasp in it's teeth, and everything falls out the sides.

jk