Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Joining motorways

"Ronald Tompkins" wrote in message
Driving in lane 1 of a motorway at a steady speed with large gaps in front
and behind me, I find it difficult to understand why some drivers
approaching the motorway on a slip road draw level with me instead of
accelerating or decelerating slightly to pull into the gaps. Several
times
recently I have had to take evasive action when another driver tries to
join
in this manner.

Are there any others out there who use this bizarre technique for joining
motorway? I don't remember it being taught when I was learning to drive!

No Big deal, just back off a little and let them move over. That's basic
defensive driving. Or perhaps you favour stubbornly holding your ground just
to make life difficult for others!

Mike