Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Home Depot screw display - where can I get that awesome "screwthread board".?

On Feb 16, 4:58*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:40*pm, N8N wrote:

On Feb 16, 12:33*pm, N8N wrote:

On Feb 16, 12:23*pm, Bryan Scholtes wrote:

I want to sort all my screws and keep them sorted. The Home Depot has
a board in their fastener section, into which you can thread your
screw or bolt. It tells you the number and pitch.

Are those sold anywhere? It would be so handy to keep next to the
fastener storage on my workbench. Not only could I definitely sort my
screws now, but every time I add one to the pile I can always put itin
the right place.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ct_title_7?ie=...

I have an SAE one that I bought at a Sears Hardware, unfortunately
I've never seen a metric one for sale anywhere in a B&M store. *That's
been sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for a while now in case I need
to fill out an order.

nate

Also, if you have an engraver and a tap and die set, you could make
your own from aluminum plate...

Or drill and tap two sets of holes. In the second hole put the
corresponding size screw. Mine is bought but it wouldnt be hard to DIY
one.

Yes, that'd be nice. Or buy two of the screw checkers and in the
second one put in the screws. then you can check nuts as well. I've
also seen products like this

http://www.amazon.com/Bolt-Thread-Ch...9495871&sr=8-1

which accomplish the same task, just in a different format.

nate