Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
McKevvy McKevvy is offline

Default Joining motorways

On Feb 17, 7:26*pm, Ronald Tompkins wrote:
Driving in lane 1 of a motorway at a steady speed with large gaps in front
and behind me, I find it difficult to understand why some drivers
approaching the motorway on a slip road draw level with me instead of
accelerating or decelerating slightly to pull into the gaps. *Several times
recently I have had to take evasive action when another driver tries to join
in this manner.

Are there any others out there who use this bizarre technique for joining a
motorway? *I don't remember it being taught when I was learning to drive!

Don't take any evasive action. Maintain your speed. The HC states that
drivers joining the main carriageway must adjust their speed to that
of the traffic already on the road.

Don't worry.

McK.