Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default fixing timber cladding to concrete block garden wall - nail gun?

"Bolted" wrote in message
On Feb 17, 11:28 am, NT wrote:
On Feb 17, 10:39 am, Jim K wrote:

as per title - how would I fix "decorative" treated timber to a low
concrete block garden wall?

Ideally I'm imagining a nail gun for speed - but what sort of brads/
nails are needed for secure fixing and longevity?

Cheers
Jim K

Expect a shattered wall.

Eh? Would work fine, indoors, with the right nails and nail-gun.

Outside, you want to allow water to drain and the masonry nailgun
nails aren't galvanised (or ss or otherwise treated), so nailing or
screwing into battens would be a much better way to go as others have
suggested.

But a concrete block wall shattering would not be an issue.
*********

I'm with NT on this - true concrete blocks are mainly aggregate and blasting
stones with a brad can excavate pits in the wall.
I have had bad experiences trying to drill small holes where I have hit a
large stone which has then pinged out of the block.

I don't think may houses have concrete blocks indoors - usually brick or
some kind of cinder.
Could be wrong, though :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder