Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

On 2/16/2012 8:17 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I only wish my son gets bitten by the working wood bug, but I don't
think he has it. Computers are his thing. He has a disorder that makes
his hands shake so bad that watching him try to hold a screw driver is
nerve racking.
He wanted to do some soldering for his computer... he could not get the
solder to the joint, nor the tip of the iron to stay on the joint.

Well my son so far has not gotten the bug, fortunately he has no
physical challenges. He does like for me to build for him however. I
have ofter referred to him as "my retirement plan" although I was
thinking a bit differently than selling him furniture. ;~) He is a
busy guy, by Wednesday of this week he had already put in 40 hours, busy
season. He put in several days last week that were 18 hour days. Busy
season for a CPA working for a "big 4" public accounting firm. Perhaps
when he gets more time and settles down a bit he will be more interested.

My tools will be sold at some garage sale or ebay... Too bad, I do have
a few really nice tools. Lie Nielsen planes, Veritas Planes, I have
about a 1/2 dozen baileys and sweet hearts. I started collecting wooden
planes, molding planes..etc I can't put my finger on my most prized
tool, but it isn't my power collection which right now only lacks a lathe.
My work bench will probably stay with him. It's a solid workbench.

I have told my son the same, he will inherit enough tools to start to
take over a furniture making business.

I have some really nice Disston saws before they turned to crap. Some
real beauties with awesome handles.

Certainly keepers