Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fixing timber cladding to concrete block garden wall - nail gun?

In article ,
Jim K writes:
as per title - how would I fix "decorative" treated timber to a low
concrete block garden wall?

Ideally I'm imagining a nail gun for speed - but what sort of brads/
nails are needed for secure fixing and longevity?

I would probably screw some treated battens (roofing battens would
be good) to the wall using SDS drill and plugs.

Then attach whatever you want to those with nails or screws. Leave
enough air gaps so the battens are not sealed in and can dry out;
that way both the battens are whatever facing you use will last
longer.

--
Andrew Gabriel