Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default CAUTION: Rusty Tool Stand

"Norminn" wrote

Wise choice. Grinders (and most power tools )scare me, having nursed a
whole lot of different kinds of injuries. Read about a guy in Florida a
couple of years ago using a grinding wheel; wheel broke, fragment flew up
and hit him in the neck...he bled to death. Freakish.

I was at my doctor's clinic, waiting my turn. In comes this very tall big
man with more bleeding bandages on than I have seen any human being have.
The nurse asked him what happened. "Tangled with a grinder" was all he
said. In about five minutes, the nurse came out and said it would be a good
while before they could see me, and maybe I should come back the next day.
I did.

Hand grinders are the nastiest tool in the box, IMHO, after working with
them for 38 years now.

Steve

www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com