Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CAUTION: Rusty Tool Stand

On 2/16/2012 11:23 AM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in
m:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Use this...

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...s/heavy-duty-4
-1-2-half-inch-angle-grinder-91223.html

with this...

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-piece...kit-90976.html

$30 and a new tool.

(or spend more if you want a quality angle grinder.)

Always wear eye protection - and even face protection - when using a
rotating wire brush. Those little filaments of steel sometimes come
loose and fly through the air like a harpoon.

The admonition to use eye-protection is a wise one.

A guy I knew years ago was using a chisel without wearing goggles. He

ended
up with a chip in his eye and had to go to emergency.

When removing the chip, the guy had to be AWAKE, EYES OPEN. The doctor
said, "Whatever you do, don't move your eyes or blink". So my friend was
forced to watch as the doctor dug around in the white of his eye to remove
the chip.

Can you imagine? Can you?

He was lucky. For a lot of people, a grinder was the last thing they would
ever see with that eye. The chips fly off faster than the eye can blink.

--
Bobby G.

The only thing that has kept me from losing an eye is the fact that I've
been wearing eyeglasses since I was six years old. When I first
had the eyeglasses put on me, I looked around and exclaimed, "Wow,
that's where all that noise is coming from!" ^_^

TDD