Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default discover

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

How about their 'calculator' built with NE2 ring counters, and
'programmed' with a rotary switch and a telephone dial?

Hmm ... I seem to have missed that one. Perhaps when I moved
and it was a while before I could find a place to buy new issues?

Any idea when that one appeared? It sounds like fun.

'67 to '70, while I was in high school.

Come to think if it -- with the proliferation of LEDs, does
anyone still make and sell NE2s? Last I've seen them has been in AC
power switches in power fanout boxes for home computers, in generally
blinking or not even that as the lamps age. :-)

\

You can buy bags of 100 on Ebay, and I think Mouser still sells them.