Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default discover

On 2012-02-16, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[ ... ]

I still have a few new RTL ICs. Some are early flatpak, and were
surplus made for NASA. Others are DIP left over from trying to repair a
Philco Seirra Frequency Selective Voltmeter. I needed two types I never
did find.

I remember when Popular Electronics gave a NIM playing computer
built purely with rotary switches and lamps. :-)

How about their 'calculator' built with NE2 ring counters, and
'programmed' with a rotary switch and a telephone dial?

Hmm ... I seem to have missed that one. Perhaps when I moved
and it was a while before I could find a place to buy new issues?

Any idea when that one appeared? It sounds like fun.

Come to think if it -- with the proliferation of LEDs, does
anyone still make and sell NE2s? Last I've seen them has been in AC
power switches in power fanout boxes for home computers, in generally
blinking or not even that as the lamps age. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564