Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23626 Ignoramus23626 is offline

Default Vertical Mill - $300 Craigslist

On 2012-02-17, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
If you look carefully at the one photo, I think the badge on the
machine head says Index. It's in Reading, PA. They're selling it at
about the scrap price.

http://reading.craigslist.org/tls/2855148590.html

I am not sure where it is, but it is a hell of a deal.

I bought a similar, but a little better built Bridgeport Interact for
$500, in the same condition (nonrowking control).

Scrap value of this machine is more than 300. BL Duke scrap yard gives
$285 per ton, paid by check.

If propertly parted out and scrapped, it can easily fetch a thousand.

If converted to EMC2, it would be a good workhorse, provided that it
is not too worn.