Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default SCSI bus termination

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:55:52 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:
The cables and
terminator came with the scanner - previously used with Apple hardware,
I believe.

Check what SCSI device ID the scanner is set to; in the SCSI world it was
typical to have the *controller* set to ID 7, but I have a feeling Apple
were different and sometimes (often / always, even?) set their controller
to ID 6 - which means there's a chance your scanner's set to 7 and is
conflicting with the PC's controller.

snip

I can say that the SCSI ID doesn't clash with the controller - first thing I
checked.

I may have mis-spoken about the number of pins.
The SCSI card has the same number of pins on the D connector as the scanner,
so it is probably 50.
Can't find the email trail where I sorted this out.

Should be getting all the bits next Monday so I'll be able to supply more
info then.

Thanks to all for the help so far.

Cheers

Dave R