Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Rusty Tool Stand

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:35:54 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Are there any established techniques for dealing with something that is
realistically too big to handle with normal techniques? I know I could

say
that it's in a dry environment now and probably will outlast me with doing
nothing, but I'd still like to get it reasonably cleaned up.

Take all the loose stuff off with a wire brush and then use Rustoleum which
will bond with any remaining oxidation and inhibit further rust. This isn't
a planter in the living room, it's a tool. (-: Once you have a coat or two
of good rust-inhibiting paint on it, no one but you will notice.

The patina will be gone.
Why is it that rust gets no respect?

--Vic