Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Rusty Tool Stand

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:26:34 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 2/16/2012 9:00 AM, Tegger wrote:
wrote in
:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:43:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

.

(or spend more if you want a quality angle grinder.)
Or get it sand blasted.

All of this media-blasting and angle-grinding seems a bit over-the-top for
a grinder stand that will be used in a dry environment.

If it were me, I'd just use 50-grit emery cloth (NOT sandpaper!) to smooth
out the rust by hand, then I'd rattle-can the stand with Tremclad or other
rust paint. Done.

well of course it's over the top. He could just ignore it and use it
the way it is.

If it wasn't dropping rust on the floor that's what I'd do.
If it was, I'd knock the loose stuff off, sweep that up, and then
leaves it.
Rust looks fine on cast iron.

--Vic.