Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 2/15/2012 5:52 PM, Larry W wrote:
In ,
wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,50298&p=69055

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Who wants to wait for the Bridge City version at 5 or 10 times the
price?

It is already out. And 22 times the price.

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/defau...l-payment.html

This morning's spam from Woodworking magazine announces the Woodpeckers
bevel gauge... the 7" is $70 and the 12" is $100. No batteries but the
locking handle is in the end of the body. Looks like it's a one time run
of these things and you have to order pre-production by 3/5.
http://www.woodpeck.com/bevelgauge.h...67&rid=3341059 This
locking gizmo seems more useful than knowing the
angle in 1/10s of degrees via a display... but that's just me thinking
about how I used these things.

Yeah it is an intended limited run but that is not a certainty. They
have repeated the run on the "one time" 50" rule 2 times now. Basically
there have been 3 deadlines to order. But to be safe you better order
now if you want one.

Red aluminum and stainless are pretty ugly, in my eyes, compared to the
blued steel and rosewood of my most used bevel gauge. I cannot envision
a nice patina developing on aluminum and stainless... However, that
locking lever is cool... and having a bespoke tool is a neat idea. ;~)

John