Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default USPS Smartpost Insurance Scam

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:58:47 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 04:05:26 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

rangerssuck writes:

snip
USPS has their own federal LEO; the Postal Inspectors.

Has anyone here ever -seen- one of these mythical USPSPI beasties?

There was a TV movie, The Inspectors, based on them in 1998. Lou
Gossett played one. He's had a helluva life: 160 programs (so far) in
his acting career. Good actor!

Worked on their two-way radio equipment ~15 years ago. They even wanted
to have a siren and lights put in their car, similar to what a police
detective would have. There was a large maze of passages, one-way
mirror glass set-up in the sorting facility. I heard two miles worth,
think that was stretching it a bit... They could watch anything in the
place with out being seen or detected.

Worked on pretty much all of the Fed's stuff at one time or the other,
but the IRS and Postal Inspectors had the most impressive armament I
ever saw with them.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b