Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default discover

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Ok - I took delivery from dear Dad of my Freshman and Sophomore year in
High School - my 900 gate Game system - plays NIM against you on a light
display (15 bulbs) and a switch button box as the control box. Each
gate is a potted RTL gate that is RAD hard and still works. I'm fixing
it up and checking it out - maybe I can get it into some history place.
Game machine like that in the early 60's.
It was a 3th generation with me. Switches, tubes, RTL logic.

I still have a few new RTL ICs. Some are early flatpak, and were
surplus made for NASA. Others are DIP left over from trying to repair a
Philco Seirra Frequency Selective Voltmeter. I needed two types I never
did find.

I remember those days.
I took one look at RTL and RAN to TTL.
And never regretted it.