Posted to uk.d-i-y
HarpingOn[_2_] HarpingOn[_2_] is offline

Default Noise-blocking headphones for office use ?

On 15/02/2012 20:21, RustyCrampon wrote:
On 15/02/2012 19:20, Another John wrote:
Are you saying you want to block the noise, or that you want to listen
to something else, in peace (e.g. music)?

I often use cheap sponge earplugs to block out noise, e.g. while I'm
trying to read the paper when the Significant Other has the radio on --
which means we're keeping company, but we're each doing our own thing.

I buy them at my local chainsaw suppliers:
http://www.chainsaw-shop.co.uk/silve...ugs-4421-86337

I shove them *right* into my ears and have to extract them with the tips
of my fingernails. They expand after insertion, and create total silence
(though if the S.O. speaks directly to me, I can hear her).

Mind you: probably not a good idea to wear them all day long, so this is
probably a waste of your time.

John

I should have said that I've already tried in-ear headphones, and find
them very uncomfortable, so I don't think I could tolerate ear-plugs for
any length of time.

Try some comply foam tips for your earphones. They're made of the same
stuff that my earplugs are made from, memory foam sort of stuff. They're
great. They improve the sound quality no end, and have the added benefit
of noise isolation.

Not associated, just a happy user.