Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dead Canon PowerShot A75

Dallas wrote:

I guess the little camera is 5 years old or so... but last week skiing
at 11K feet it worked fine for 2 days then it crapped out.

This thing is dead like someone took the batteries out... press the on
button and nothing happens. (Yes, I tested good batteries.) I'm not
used to things dying so abruptly, they usually give you a hint.

Anyway, just wondering what it could be and if there was anything to
gain by taking the cover off and messing with it?

I've not fixed an a75m but on many there are contacts from the battery
terminals soldered to the board that break. Resolder and you're done. This
happens on the rectangular shaped Elphs alot.