Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

On 2/15/12 3:12 PM, Swingman wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,50298&p=69055

Seems to me that if the blade is more accurate than the read-out just
use the blade... I've got no problem laying my sliding bevel up against
the saw plate on my CMS and TS, and against the miter gauges on the TS,
BS, and router table... and there are no batteries to go dead or
crystals/lenses to break!

I was talking about uses that were more along the line of using it to
measure the angle of the corner of room (notoriously un-square),
dividing by two, and setting your miter saw to the results ...
anything that can get you into the ballpark quicker, at $20, will pay
for itself pretty quickly.

I guess I'm so used to using a protractor and sliding bevel for
measuring, and a shooting board for tweaking joints, that I don't even
think about dealing with non-square corners as a problem... It goes
along with the realization I had while working at Colonial Williamsburg
that pretty much the whole man-made world was built without electricity.
;~)

Absolutely nothing wrong with that ... some of us just find it makes us
more competitive to use electricity when feeding the family with the
proceeds.

Yeah, if someone wants to take his horse & buggy to work, that's fine
with me.
Good luck with that.

--

-MIKE-