Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

Well, I guess then its not a bad deal for you.
I have kind of liked the idea of:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...936,50298&ap=2

but have used various protractors to set my angle.
And after just revisiting the page, at almost twice the price, I guess
20 is not so bad a risk.

On 2/15/2012 2:46 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 2/15/2012 11:51 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/15/2012 11:39 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 2/15/2012 10:55 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,50298&p=69055

Hey, you're supposed to wait until I get mine ordered and delivered
before you go telling everybody else and their mother about stuff like
this.

I can see occasions where it would be real handy, like when setting a
miter saw
for non-square corners, among other things, but, even though I really
don't
have that much need, the _price_ is what makes it attractive.

AAMOF, the thing I like the best is the knob doesn't get in the way of
laying
it flat for measuring ... just that feature in combination with the
digital
read-out in a t-bevel is worth the twenty bucks when you absolutely
need it.

for those who just can't help themselves repeating the obvious, yes,
I am well
that non-digital versions have that same feature for less cost

It's pretty common for me to need to set my (regular ol') sliding bevel
to some oddball angle, and for years I've been using various protractors
or angle gauges to do it. I recently bought this little gem:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...78&cat=1,43513 to do it
instead, and while it works OK, it's still pretty cumbersome for that
purpose and I think that digital sliding bevel will be just the ticket
for me. I put one on order; we shall see how it works out.