Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WILLARD MITT ROMNEY: "I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH THE POOR!"

On Feb 15, 5:36*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 2/15/2012 1:13 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

You claim that St. Ralph said that 150 million working people earn less
than $10 per hour. Considering that there are only 132 million non-farm
employees *TOTAL*, either Nader is lying, your have misreported what he
said.

Here is the source:ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb3.txtThat,
by the way, is the correct way to give a source. Learn from it.

Okay, it's possible that I forgot the number he used. I only saw the
program once and it was more than two weeks ago. In my memory he said
150 million. I don't know if that was rounded off or an exact number.
It's possible he said something else. It's possible I didn't get the
figure he used right. But I only said it's possible.

Say I was wrong and he said 130 million and I mistakenly said it was 150
million. What difference would that make? The point he was making was
that a huge number of workers are working at very low paying jobs.
Whether I got the number right is irrelevant to the real point.

I still think he said 150 million. I'm not saying I'm infallible so I
could have made a mistake but the point was about what a huge percentage
of the population is making ten bucks an hour or less and that is
undeniable.

Of course, I'm still waiting for a single one of you to watch the show
and confirm or deny what I reported. Being the lazy bums you are I'm
pretty sure not a damn one of you will really check it out. So until one
of you does then what I say still stands as true.

Hawke

Until you provide a cite that can be checked reasonably the statement
stands as a Hawke statement which is not verified. No way does it
stand as true.

Dan