Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Noise-blocking headphones for office use ?

"RustyCrampon" wrote in message
. com...
I currently work in a noisy office (shouting, explosive sneezing, etc.). I
find this very distracting when I'm trying to do work that requires
concentration, which is most of the time. Raising the issue with management
is unlikely to help. I currently wear Sennheiser HD 202 closed back
headphones, which have good sound quality, but don't block external noise
much, and are uncomfortable to wear all day.

Can anyone recommend a better noise-blocking solution? I don't mind
spending a few hundred pounds if necessary.

The reviews for Sennheiser HD-25 headphones suggest they are good at
blocking out noise but squeeze the head very hard?

I have a pair of relatively old HD-25 SP headphones - they have the larger
jack so I use a mini-jack adapter.
The give really good sound, are light, and block out most external noise.
I use them with the PC and with an old HD iPod.
No problems wearing them for an extended period.

However as they say in the financial adds past performance is no guarantee
of future performance so I don't know if the latest ones are more or less
the same as my pair.

Damn fine set of headphones, though.
Allegedly used a lot by sound engineers.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder