Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 2/14/2012 10:37 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:32:38 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/14/2012 12:17 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2012 11:44 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Han wrote:

That's a given. Whether "you" are on the side of science is the
question. For some of the set of "you" that is doubtful. Karl is
at least one who is on the side of science.

So... since "science" has its own levels of dispute, just what
does it mean
to be "on the side of science"? I would submit that this phrase
comes from
people who are not really all that scientific in their approach,
but rather
like the idea that someone else is in agreement with them. With
all of the
dispute in the comunity of "peer review" (and in fact - the whole
concept of
peer review), would someone please explain to me how "scientific"
has any real meaning at all? The greatest minds of our scientific
community world wide, have widely differing beliefs on things, so
how can a woodworkers newsgroup even pretend to use the word
"scientific" in regards to any discussion in this forum? To take a
phrase from m II - Bull****.

Easy ... unlike "climate change", the various "States of Matter"
(which were indeed under discussion in this very newsgroup, by
woodworkers, woodworkers with science degrees, among other things,
and contrary to your last word above, the "S" in BS in this case
stands for "science" g) are well understood and pretty
universally "accepted science" for the past few hundred years... at
least, so far.

Certainly good enough to cook your dinner, steam your clams, freeze
your food, make your AC work, and put a man on the moon, among
other things.

I'll take that degree of "scientific" acceptance any day ...

That't it! Thai's what caused the cold front to cause condensation
on the tools! GLOBAL WARMING!

My nephew's wife swears that Globel Warming is causing global
cooling. Yup that right you heard that for the first time right
here. LOL

It's Butches fault.

The "correct" term is "climate change"
Her in Ontario we've had a pretty "warm" winter, while eastern
Europe
is MUCH colder than normal.
"Climate Change" appears to be causing extremes much more noticeable
than the reported 2? degree average world temperature increase over
how many years?.

I believe that if we had data available to us 150 years ago like we do
today and if we lived to be 200 years old and could remember back to
our child hood this "climate change" would be a normal cycle.

Even with crude records and data we have always witnessed summers that
were hotter and cooler than normal for several years in a row and we
have witnessed winters that are colder and warmer than for several
years in a row.

AND because every thing that we are doing to put an end to this
"ending of the world as we know it" is not helping one iota, read that
as things are observed as getting worse faster, we have no clue what
causes extended temperature changes, up or down. Weather extremes?
You can fond worse weather extremes in the past using Google.

I assure you if government was not involved or if there was no money
to be made off of this latest world problem there would not be another
word said about it.

The only thing about global warming (on a global scale and averaged over
the globe) is whether human generated gases (such as CO2 and CH4)
contribute more or less. Many people forget the globally averaged thing.
The theories have long predicted also an increase in more local outliers
and increasingly severe weather, again on a global averaged scale.

--
Best regards
Han