Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Digital Sliding T-Bevel

On Feb 15, 12:01*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 15, 11:55*am, Swingman wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,50298&p=69055

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

If it works as advertised, and there is no reason to think it won't,
that will be one helluva handy go-to tool. Pocket size to boot.

As per discussion elsewhere in this thread, it could be construed as a
bit gimmicky, but having said that, many things with digital read-out
are gimmicky. Like the days of yore, FM Radio tuners with digital read-
outs were "so much more accurate" than their sliding dial
counterparts!! The read-out had absolutely nothing to do with the
tuning itself, as is the case with so many measuring tools. I bought a
measuring tape with a digital read-out (in a fit of spontaneity) a
Starrett no less, and found myself reading the tape instead of the
digital read-out. I tossed the damned thing when I wanted to replace
the battery and discovered it was a proprietary $20.00 POS. (They, of
course, changed to another battery shortly thereafter.) IMHO,
'digital' doesn't automatically mean 'better'.

But I digress.

(back to the fishing lure analogy... who/what are those lures designed
to catch?)