Andy Hall

Default Choice of dovetail jig

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:05:18 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Be careful about choosing the £50 ones from Axminster screwfix and almost
anyone else. The build quality and repeatability is poor. Money saved on
the jig will soon be lost in turning wood into scrap.

Yes the Leigh is in a different price league but it is a first class tool.
I bought mine secondhand on Ebay much cheaper than new prices. It is
cheaper in the US if you are every travelling that far. It does dismantle
to make it fit in a suitcase.

Bob

You do have to look at the specs. carefully, and the Leigh does have a
lot more flexibility than the low end products.

I forgot to mention that they also do a very nice finger joint
template for it which fits onto the base instead of the dovetail comb
assembly and is very easy to use - also producing really nice
results..

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl