Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On 2/14/2012 10:01 PM, wrote:
On 14 Feb 2012 12:52:31 GMT, wrote:

Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Do you remember the day you and I were working in your garage and a cold
front blew in at the end of the day. You Iron had condensation all over
it before we quit. We had to dry it off and you ended having lite rust.

Sorry, Leon. That still means the "iron" had cooled down, and the air was
warmer and more moist. Seems like the equipment was outside, cooled down,
and then was brought into a warm, humid room.

No moving required Han. Say it was 30C and 55% humidity. and the cold
front dropped the air temp to 20C. The relative humidity would be 102%

If it's 90F and 55% RH, anything cooler than 71F will get wet.
If it's 30C and 55% RH, anything cooler than 19.96C will get wet.

Reduce the RH to 50% and it happens at 18.42C

The RH was probably closer to 80~90%, common in Houston. And we
probably saw a 20 degree temp drop in 10~15 minutes.