Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

They have a lot to do with their theories if they believe in their own
theories. Those great minds are people just like everyone else and
they are subject to the same things as everyone else. I believe we've
all seen enough of the zealot in the scientific community on all sides
of any theory, to suggest that they are immune to human tendancies.
That's part of what makes heated scientific debates what they are.
It's not all cold, objective facts.

You can have heated debates between scientists who both are very convinced
they are right, and at first glance from their arguments they both are
right, but, wait, that can't be ... So the problem becomes who made a
mistake in reasoning, or viewpoint, or observation. It sometimes isn't easy
to see at all. And that leaves out those arguments that are indeed based
on flawed basic points, which there are too.

--
Best regards
Han