Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10095 Ignoramus10095 is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2012-02-15, dpb wrote:
On 2/14/2012 7:14 PM, Ignoramus10095 wrote:

dpb, here's where I am lost.

The carburetor, visibly, does NOT have a bowl. It does, however, have
those electric valves on top. It might have a bowl, but its location
is not obvious or visible.

I hadn't looked at the closeup pictures before, but just did after
thinking about the year. It's one of the hybrid injection systems.
I've had a couple but never had to work on one so forget the earlier
thoughts posted--they're not pertinent to these.

I think the phrase is "throttle body injection" for looking for information.

If I were to hazard a complete guess, it would be after two years idle
the injectors are plugged. How to attack them, specifically, I don't
know, sorry.

--

How do they work, do they create pressure, or are they just valves,
with the pressure created by the in-tank pump?