Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:44:25 -0500, Mike Marlow wrote:

The greatest minds of
our scientific community world wide, have widely differing beliefs on
things, so how can a woodworkers newsgroup even pretend to use the
word "scientific" in regards to any discussion in this forum?

What do their beliefs have to do with their theories? I hope you're
not one of those who sees no difference.

They have a lot to do with their theories if they believe in their own
theories. Those great minds are people just like everyone else and they are
subject to the same things as everyone else. I believe we've all seen
enough of the zealot in the scientific community on all sides of any theory,
to suggest that they are immune to human tendancies. That's part of what
makes heated scientific debates what they are. It's not all cold, objective
facts.

--

-Mike-