Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On 2/14/2012 3:49 PM, Han wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 2/14/2012 12:17 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2012 11:44 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Han wrote:

That's a given. Whether "you" are on the side of science is the
question. For some of the set of "you" that is doubtful. Karl is at
least one who is on the side of science.

So... since "science" has its own levels of dispute, just what does
it mean
to be "on the side of science"? I would submit that this phrase
comes from
people who are not really all that scientific in their approach, but
rather
like the idea that someone else is in agreement with them. With all
of the
dispute in the comunity of "peer review" (and in fact - the whole
concept of
peer review), would someone please explain to me how "scientific"
has any real meaning at all? The greatest minds of our scientific
community world wide, have widely differing beliefs on things, so
how can a woodworkers newsgroup even pretend to use the word
"scientific" in regards to any discussion in this forum? To take a
phrase from m II - Bull****.

Easy ... unlike "climate change", the various "States of Matter"
(which were indeed under discussion in this very newsgroup, by
woodworkers, woodworkers with science degrees, among other things,
and contrary to your last word above, the "S" in BS in this case
stands for "science"g) are well understood and pretty universally
"accepted science" for the past few hundred years... at least, so
far.

Certainly good enough to cook your dinner, steam your clams, freeze
your food, make your AC work, and put a man on the moon, among other
things.

I'll take that degree of "scientific" acceptance any day ...

That't it! Thai's what caused the cold front to cause condensation on
the tools! GLOBAL WARMING!

My nephew's wife swears that Globel Warming is causing global cooling.
Yup that right you heard that for the first time right here. LOL

snip

Not that far-fetched. There is a theory (ahum) that says that if the
Arctic gets too ice-free (which may happen with global warming, increases
in ocean levels, and changes to ocean circulation, it (the Arctic Ocean)
will evaporate so much that it will snow and asnow and snow and another
ice-age will result. As I said, a theory ...

I like to put it this way, you have summer then winter then summer then
winter and again and again and again. You could say that summer causes
winter and winter causes summer.