Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cleaning up an old table saw

On 2/14/2012 9:57 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/14/2012 7:34 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/14/2012 7:28 AM, Swingman wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Do you remember the day you and I were working in your garage and a
cold
front blew in at the end of the day. You Iron had condensation all over
it before we quit. We had to dry it off and you ended having lite rust.

Yep, I remember the incident, well. LOL. It was at Ruskin, and I
remember
the cause was opening the shop door, when it had been cooler the day
before, onto a foggy, relatively warmer morning. I also remember being
****ed because I had not covered the tools the night before with those
special covers that I have for that exact situation, a weather report
that
calls for much warmer, foggy conditions the next morning.

That all happened at the end of the day, you and I had been working
together. You stayed late to finish drying and protecting the surfaces.
And IIRC you bought the covers after that when I pointed to the HTC
clearance sale.

OK ... you certainly got me scratching my head.

I distinctly remember having two, weather related, shop rust incidents
of that nature, one indeed at the Ruskin location... both, in my memory,
being _immediately upon_ "opening the overhead door".

You sure it was Ruskin ... we moved the equipment there in late Oct/2008?

Yes, It was Ruskin. ;~) I recall seeing all of that on water on the BS
on the right hand side of the garage as I was walking out.

AAMOF, that combination, to this day, always making me reluctant to open
the overhead door without checking/being aware of a temperature
differential, especially after the first time it happened after my 24/7
wall mounted fan went out at Oberlin, which moved enough air for it to
not normally be an issue.

I simply do not recall a "cold front" ever being the cause, but hey, it
wouldn't be the first time I wore shorts and t-shirt in 30 degree
weather without noticing the cold.

It had been warm and humid all day...till we were wrapping up and the
front blew in.

IIRC I found the HTC covers and the great chop saw stand that you bought
after I saw that issue. ;~)

... but that STILL doesn't explain why, drumroll:

The _science_ is on _my_ side!

g,d &r

I know it does not make any sense.