Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10095 Ignoramus10095 is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2012-02-15, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Ignoramus10095" wrote in message
I have a Chevy Kodiak dump truck that I am trying to fix. ...
Any ideas what could be wrong? Carb cleanout and rebuild necessary?

thanks

Clogged bronze filter at the carb gas line inlet?

Jim, where is the filter that you have in mind? On the carb itself?

Like I said, I did disconnect the gas line where it enters the carb,
and fuel came out of the disconnected line when the fuel pump is
activated.

So, if you mean a clogged filter in the carburetor, I guess it is
possible, but if you mean some inline filter on the lines leading to
the carburetor, I do not think that it is possible.