Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chevy Kodiak dumptruck gasoline problems

On 2/14/2012 5:10 PM, Ignoramus10095 wrote:
I have a Chevy Kodiak dump truck that I am trying to fix.

Truck sat outside for 2 years without any further work.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Carb cleanout and rebuild necessary?

After two years of setting dry and unattended, I'd guess the carb float
is at best stuck and other issues as well. I'm thinking these would
still have a manual accelerator pump as well.

All in all, a good carb cleaning and perhaps a kit are likely called for...