Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

Cynic wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:10:01 -0800 (PST), Ste
wrote:

My other reply went off on a different tack, but I've just realised
what you were responding to. I didn't say the market economy was
soaking up people's wages. I said it's soaking up their *labour
power*. In other words, women's labour is increasingly sold on the
market, rather than bartered domestically.

I don't see how you can blame the "market economy" for that. IIUC it
all began when the *government* persuaded women to go out to work in
order to replace the male labour force that the government had just
removed from the labour market in order to fight its war.

Prior to that, the labour market was perfectly happy to use a
predominately male labour force, and women were happy to stay at home.
The market was *forced* to adapt to an increasingly female workforce
after the government removed a sizable chunk of the men - the jobs
obviously had to be filled or they would not get done. So when the
war ended and the men were once again available, they returned to find
a labour market that was pretty full and consequently soon became
completely saturated. Added to which the market was itself shrinking
thanks to a combination of increasing automation and the cessation of
military based manufacturing.

Christ on a bike but you don't half talk ****e. You and you brain damaged
****ing mate there. Employment does not create unemployment, relationships
as a partnership of equals does not destroy families.